Bluehost India Web Hosting Help
File Manager - How to Extract Files from an Archive
This article is part of our File Manager tutorial series. Please see the links below if you are looking for a different explanation of the File Manager.
- Accessing the File Manager
- Navigating the File Manager
- Uploading Files
- Creating, Removing, and Editing Files
- Copying and Moving Files
- Compressing Files into an Archive (GZip)
- Extracting Files from an Archive
A compressed file is a file which contains several other files or folders which have been written in a format that takes up less space. The following instructions will walk you through extracting a compressed file (taking it out of its compressed format) through the File Manager.
Extracting Files from an Archive
- Log in to your Bluehost India cPanel account.
- Locate the File Manager tool under the "Files" category.
- Navigate to the folder which contains the compressed file you want to extract, and select it.
- With the archive selected, click the Extract icon from the top Toolbar. Alternatively, you can right click on the selected files and click on Extract from the drop down menu as pictured below.
- A dialogue box will appear where you can change the destination of the files to be extracted. Click the Extract File(s) button to complete the process.
Recommended Help Content
File Manager - How to Compress Files into an Archive GZip
This article will explain how to utilize GZip through the file manager.
File Manager - How to Upload Files
This article will walk you through uploading files using the File Manager
File Manager - How to Copy and Move Files
This article will walk you through copying and moving files using the File Manager.
Related Help Content
File Manager - How to Create, Remove, and Edit Files
This article will walk you through creating, removing, and editing files with the file manager.
Navigating the File Manager
This article will walk you through navigating the File Manager.
Accessing the File Manager
This article will give a basic overview of the File Manager and explain how to access it.
Intro to FTP
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We
How To Edit Website Files With The File Manager - File Manager Guide
I am trying to edit my web page and I have no idea how to? I need to know how to go into the site and fix it. My webpage has a error in the first paragraph. I don't know how to fix it? Can you help?
IP Deny Manager Tool
This article will explain how to utilize the IP Deny Manager tool in cPanel.
Process Manager Overview
What is the Process Manager? How do I use the Process Manager? Why can I get to my cPanel but homepage does not display?
Pushing Website from old host to Bluehost.in
How to Transfer hosted files from old host to Bluehost.in via ssh. Your old host must have SSH access to perform this move. Using SSH to transfer files to Bluehost India