Bluehost India Web Hosting Help
Free WordPress Migration
Bluehost India India is offering free website migrations for qualifying WordPress websites within the first 30 days after signup. The offer includes the transfer of one WordPress website and the ability to review the site before it goes live.
- Transfer of one WordPress.org site
- Additional sites must be covered under a paid website transfer*
- Additional WordPress sites nested in sub-directories count against this quota.
- Emails are not included.
- Transfer completion estimated 2-3 days after receiving valid previous hosting credentials
Please note: Domain name transfers are not included. If you need to transfer your domain name, please see Transferring a Domain Name to Us.
|Customer Qualification||Website Qualification|
If you do not qualify for the free migration offer, you can still request a professional migration. To learn more about how Bluehost India can give you peace of mind and save you the hassle of moving your website, please contact our Customer Support
You will be able to claim your free migration through our site at signup or within the first 30 days of signing up from the Marketplace.
- Log in to the destination account (the account that you want to migrate to).
- Click Marketplace, then choose Add-ons.
- Click Services from the add-on tab, then click on the Site Migration tile.
- Under the Free Site Migration option, agree to the free migration terms and conditions, then click Get Started Now.
- Enter the domain name into the entry field, and check compatibility.
This checks to see if your site is a WordPress site. If you use a CDN, it may interfere, in which case, you can log in to your dashboard to proceed.
- Once compatibility has been verified, you will need to log in to your WordPress admin dashboard and install the Bluehost India Site Migrator plugin.
Warning: The plugin must be installed and activated on the completed WordPress site that is being migrated, NOT the new WordPress installation content that is being migrated to.
- Once the plugin is installed and activated, a menu item will appear on the left-hand side menu titled Site Migrator.
- Click Site Migrator. If the screen is blank, scroll down, and the content should appear.
- Click check compatibility.
If the compatibility check fails, the site may be too large. In that case, you will need to purchase a paid migration.
- Click through the prompted steps after checking compatibility. The process can occasionally still fail at this point. If generating backups fails, it’s most likely that you have run out of disk space. If you see a message saying, “It looks like your site didn’t transfer,” the server you are currently hosted on is most likely too slow to connect to our server to transfer the files.
- Once you have logged in after clicking on the final link provided by the plugin, the ProServe team will receive the backups, and the project will be added to their queue.
Note: In some cases, a Site Migration cannot be completed automatically due to limitations and, therefore, will be manually migrated by our Professional Service Team. You will be contacted via email if your migration cannot be completed automatically.
- Once the transfer is complete, you will be able to Review and Approve your Site on a temporary URL. When you click “Review Site,” your website will open up in a new tab to allow you to confirm that your website looks correct.
Note: Some Images or Pages may not be displayed on the Temporary URL if their links reference the domain name, which is normal. These images and links should work properly after you have completed the steps below.
- After clicking “Approve Site,” we will make the final adjustments on our side to finalize the transfer of your website to Bluehost India.
Note: After this step, you will no longer be able to preview your site using the Temporary Domain from the previous step.
- The final step is to Connect Your Domain! Contact your Hosting Provider for your Domain name to change your name servers to the correct Bluehost India name servers. Click here for more information.
Important note: Updating your Nameservers can overwrite any Custom DNS settings that may exist for your domain name. Please contact your Hosting Provider to determine if your domain is using custom DNS to manage Email, Subdomains, Newsletters, or other services in order to prevent these services from being impacted.
Pro Tip! If you need further assistance with your WordPress website after it has been migrated, our BlueSky Team can teach you more about managing and building your site.
Recommended Help Content
How To Migrate A WordPress Site - Website Migration
How to Migrate a self hosted copy of WordPress
How To Migrate a WordPress Site - Import / Export WordPress Database
How to manually migrate a WordPress site, not using ManageWP.
How to transfer Blogger to your WordPress
Instructions on how to migrate over via WordPress
Related Help Content
Moving website contents to Bluehost India
I need to transfer my website from my old host to Bluehost India, but I do not know how to do it without losing files or mail.
Change WordPress URL's With WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to change the Site URL or Home URL setting in WordPress. This may be useful if you have moved your WordPress site or are planning to move your WordPress site.
How to Share your Backup with Professional Services
When you purchase a website transfer, you may need to upload and share a backup of their website with professional services. This article will explain how to share a backup using DropBox or Google Drive.
How To Login To WordPress Site - WP Admin Access
This article will explain how to login to a website created with WordPress.
Migrate WordPress to Another Folder
How to move WordPress from one folder to another folder on the same server.
How To Migrate An Existing Wordpress.com Site
If you have a WordPress blog hosted on WordPress.com, you can easily export it and import it to WordPress that is installed on your hosting account with bluehost_in. Login to the WordPress Data
Pushing Website from old host to Bluehost.in
How to Transfer hosted files from old host to Bluehost.in via ssh. Your old host must have SSH access to perform this move. Using SSH to transfer files to Bluehost India
Website Pre-Publish Checklist
You have invested a significant amount of time creating and perfecting your website, and you're ready to publish it for the world to see! Are you really though? Use this checklist to ensure your site is ready for publication.