Are you new to blogging? Want to learn how to make money through blogging as a beginner? You’re at the right place!
Starting a new blog is easy. You can set up a WordPress blog within a few minutes.
Pick a domain, host your website on a reliable hosting platform, install a WordPress theme and you’re ready to launch a new blog.
But driving traffic and making money from a blog, as a beginner, isn’t as easy.
So if you’re looking for tried and tested ways to make money from blogging, this post is just for you.
Is it still profitable to start a blog in 2021?
There are over 500 million blogs on the internet and the number is constantly growing. According to Internet Live Stats, on average, over 3 million blog posts go live every day.
That’s a ton of blog posts, right?
When there’s so much competition out there, it gets really difficult to build a successful blog that makes money.
But here’s the thing: if you pick the right strategies to monetize, making an extra few hundred dollars a month is not that hard.
I earn over $10,000 per month from blogging. I know that making money blogging is NOT rocket science.
There are a ton of ways to make money via blogging as a beginner.
Few strategies, such as affiliate marketing, help you generate passive income while other strategies such as freelancing require you to trade time to earn money.
How to start a WordPress blog as a beginner?
If you’re new to blogging, here’s a quick tutorial on starting your WordPress blog.
When it comes to launching a WordPress blog, opt for WordPress Hosting as it gives you all the resources you need to run a WordPress blog effortlessly.
You can go with Bluehost WordPress hosting as it is one of the very few web hosts that is officially recommended by WordPress.
Once you’re on the Bluehost website, go to their WordPress hosting page to find their hosting plans.
Here’s what it looks like;
Pick the hosting plan that suits your website needs. I recommend their Choice Plus plan as it only costs ₹ 299 per month and allows you to install unlimited sites.
Then, register a domain (it’s free with Bluehost) and create your hosting account.
Once you create an account and make the payment, you’ll get a confirmation email from Bluehost.
Then, you can sign in to your Bluehost hosting account to start customizing your WordPress website. That’s it, you’re done!
5 PROVEN Ways to Make Money Through Blogging As A Beginner
Here are 5 foolproof ways to make money blogging as a beginner in 2021.
1. Make money through affiliate marketing
Hands down, affiliate marketing is the best way to make money from blogging.
I have made more than $500,000 from affiliate marketing so far (and over $340,000 from just the Semrush affiliate program alone).
Affiliate marketing helps you promote a company’s products and generates commission from each sale you make.
The sky’s the limit to your affiliate earnings as most companies don’t put a limit on their affiliate commissions.
For instance, Bluehost alone paid over 5 million dollars in commissions last year!
The best part about affiliate marketing is that it helps you generate passive income so you can earn money even while you sleep.
That being said, you need to build “trust” to be able to make consistent earnings from affiliate marketing. Here are a few solid tips to grow your affiliate earnings.
- Create extremely useful content around the products you promote. Create awareness about the products so you can generate more sales.
- Always find the RIGHT products to promote. Know your target audience. Find out their needs and wants. Promote the products that help them.
- Write genuine product reviews. Don’t be biased toward any product. Mention every product’s pros and cons. Also, try to recommend various alternatives so your audience can pick what they want.
- Try different types of content. Create in-depth articles, make useful videos, try podcasts around the products you want to promote.
- Offer exclusive promo codes and discounts if you want to increase any product sales. Network with the affiliate managers to offer special discounts to your audience.
2. Become a freelancer
One of the fastest ways to make money blogging is to offer freelance services.
As a freelancer, you can work as much or as little as you want. You can pick projects and clients you like. You can work from wherever you want.
You can also experiment and try different services. You can use your blog or website to generate high-quality leads and clients.
Although you can use platforms like Fiverr, UpWork, etc to find freelancing gigs, you can attract high-paying projects when you have your own blog.
Here are some of the best freelancing tips for beginners:
- Use your blog to build a portfolio as you can attract high-paying clients when you have a solid portfolio.
- When you’re just getting started, focus on working with big agencies so you can use it as social proof.
- Create a personal brand. Make sure to add unique logos with your name or other personal flairs to your projects to give a personal touch.
- Define your target audience and create content that caters to their needs. Also, create a “hire me” page if you want to attract targeted leads from your website.
- Offer only those services that you’re really good at. If you’re good at writing, offer freelance writing services instead of SEO or web design services.
3. Sell your own products
One of the biggest reasons to start a WordPress blog is that it helps you build a personal brand. You can use your personal brand to create and sell your products.
You can consider the following products to sell through your blog;
- Digital products such as eBooks, checklists, etc
- Membership sites
- WordPress tools such as themes, plugins, etc
- Online courses
- Your own merchandise
…. and the list goes on!
Blogging helps you build an audience from scratch so you can market your products the RIGHT way.
That said, here are some of the best ways to sell your products like a pro:
- Know how to market your product and find the best platform to promote your products. You can use your own website or you can pick a platform (such as Gumroad) to sell your products.
- Reduce customer friction. Make it really easy and simple to purchase your products.
- Offer discounts when you’re selling a new product and create scarcity to increase conversions.
- Provide a money-back guarantee as it persuades more people to purchase your products without thinking twice.
- Use testimonials from real customers as they work as social proof.
4. Make money with Google AdSense
Google AdSense is one of the best ways to make money from a blog. But here’s the thing about making more money with AdSense: AdSense requires optimization.
You need to learn what works best for you such as ad size, ad placement, ad text, color, etc.
You also need to create and implement responsive ads if you want to increase your AdSense earnings.
Want to know how to boost your Google AdSense earnings? Try the following tips:
- Increase your search traffic. If you want to increase your AdSense income, you need to generate as much search traffic as possible.
- Target the right keywords while creating content. You can pick high CPC (Cost Per Click) keywords in your niche to increase your AdSense earnings.
- Always A/B test your Google Ads placements on your website. You can use tools like Crazy Egg to easily perform A/B testing on your site.
- Use multiple ad units to maximize conversion. Test every ad unit. Test every ad size and color. That’s how you can find what works best for your website to increase AdSense revenue.
5. Make money with an email list
The money is in the email list.
Email marketing helps you build trust online. You can nurture your email subscribers with helpful newsletters to generate more profits. Make sure NOT to rent, borrow or buy email subscribers as it will not produce conversions.
Also, you need to figure out how you’ll make money from your list.
If you’re curious to learn how to make money with an email list, use the following tips:
- Create an email sequence to nurture your email list. Make sure to create high-quality and informative newsletters. Don’t start pitching sales copies right off the bat.
- Offer incentives while promoting ANY product. You can offer special promo codes or discounts so your subscribers might be interested in buying from you.
- Create a tripwire to make money from your email list. A tripwire is an upsell offer that you can offer to your email list after they already got something from you for free.
- Host sponsorships. It’s something similar to sponsored reviews. Make sure to pick only those products that are relevant to your email list.
Final thoughts on making money via blogging as a beginner
As a beginner, you need to focus on building an audience from day one. Pick a niche that has enough potential and competition. Also, make sure to choose the right monetization strategy to make money from your blog.
So what are your thoughts on making money blogging as a beginner? If you have any questions, let us know in the comments.