What are Custom nameservers?
Custom nameservers are nameservers created by individual domain owners to handle their DNS requests. Custom nameservers help in creating a better brand identity for your business. Migrating from one hosting provider to another is easier if you have custom nameservers.
To create a custom name server you will need to first log into your WHM panel. To do that we will start off by generating a password for your root access.
- To do this, log in to your Bluehost panel. Under the ‘Hosting’ tab, click on the ‘performance’ option.
- Select the ‘access management’ tab. And generate or enter the password you want.
Once you have your password we can now start the process of creating your custom nameserver.
Watch the video below to know more,
How to create your custom nameserver:
- In the search bar, search for the ‘Basic WebHost Manager Setup’. Select the option,
this will take you to your ‘Basic WebHost Manager Setup’ page.
- Scroll down to the ‘Nameserver’ section and add the nameservers that you want to use. Once done, save these changes.
- Next, you will have to configure your ‘Address Records’ or A- Records’. For this, click on the ‘Configure Address Record’ option and in the field ‘Confirm the IPv4 address to create an A record’ enter your IP address.You can get your IP address from your Bluehost Panel, under the ‘Hosting’ tab, select the cPanel option and under the System information box you can get your IP. Once you have entered your IP address, click on the ‘Configure Address Record’ button. Repeat this for the second nameserver as well.
And that’s it! Now your IP address has been assigned to your nameserver.
If you still need more help, then please chat with us.