What is CodeGuard?
CodeGuard is an automatic backup service that takes backups of your website at regular intervals. This backup is stored on a third-party cloud service. And gives you the ability to restore your website with one click.
Let us understand how to restore a website using the backup created by CodeGuard and how to delete a website from CodeGuard.
Watch the video below to know more,
How to restore a backup?
- Go to ‘Products’ and there find CodeGuard under ‘Products and services’.
- Log into CodeGuard. Once you are in the CodeGuard dashboard.
- Select the Restore tab from the menu. Here, you will see all the backups for your website and database.
- Click on the ‘Restore Options’ button next to the website backup. Here, you can view different restore options:
- You can choose the date you want to restore your website to
- You can choose the Automatic restore which will restore the website to how it was on the date you have selected
- You can download a particular backup
- You can even perform a selective restore, where you can select the files and folders you want to restore. Automatic Restore is the recommended option as it takes care of the entire process for you. Click on the ‘Select Option’ button.
- In the case of WordPress websites, it is recommended that you restore the WordPress database as well. CodeGuard usually prechecks the database for restore. Click on Next to proceed.
- Next, mention the reason for the restore request and also provide your contact details and any other information that you may deem necessary. Click on Next to continue.
- Review your restore request and click on Begin Restore to proceed with the restoration process.
And that’s it, you have now successfully started the restoration of your website.
How to delete a backup?
- From your Bluehost panel. Go to ‘Products’ and log in to your CodeGuard dashboard. Select the website that you want to delete backups from.
- Next, Under settings, scroll right to the end. Select the date for the backup you want to delete. And click on ‘Permanently Delete Backup’.
You can follow the same steps to delete the database backup stored under CodeGuard.
At Bluehost, we offer a wide range of CodeGuard plans to help backup your sites and give you a one-click restoration option.
If you still need more help, then please chat with us.