What is CodeGuard?
CodeGuard is an automatic backup service that takes backups of your website at regular intervals. This backup is stored on a third-party cloud service. And gives you the ability to restore your website with one click.
So let us see how you can set up CodeGuard on your website.
Watch the video below to know more,
There are two methods to do this. The first one is fairly simple
1. Log in to your Bluehost Panel, Go to the ‘My Sites’ section. Select the site on which you want to add CodeGuard.
2. Click on the ‘Manage site’ button, Select the ‘Backup’ tab and click on ‘Add site to CodeGuard’
This will start the setup process. Once the process is over, you can check if your website has been added to your CodeGuard dashboard
There is another way to add your website to your CodeGuard order.
1. In your Bluehost Panel, go to the ‘Products section’. Under ‘Products and Services’ find your CodeGuard order and log in to it.
2. You need to add your website FTP details if you are logging in to the CodeGuard dashboard for the first time. If the FTP details are not available, you can fetch them for an existing FTP user. Go to your cPanel, click on FTP Accounts under File Manager. Under FTP accounts, click on change password for existing FTP user or create a new user
From your cPanel, look out for the IP address under the Stats section.
3. On the CodeGuard panel, click on “Add FTP/SFTP Website’. Here, add your website URL and the FTP details.
4. Finally, click the ‘Test Website Connection’ button to check server connectivity. A successful connection will take you to the ‘Capture your code’ page
5. Select the root directory of your website and click on the ‘Select Root Directory’ button to proceed.
6. Next, select the files you want to backup and click on the ‘Begin First Backup’ button.
For WordPress websites, we need to add a database to complete the CodeGuard setup. Click on ‘Add Database Now’
7. Begin by testing the connection. Just type in your shared IP and click on the ‘Test Connection’ button
8. Next, CodeGuard will check for a Firewall and if it is able to connect to your database using the IP provided in both boxes. Select the IP’s provided and add them to Remote MySQL databases. From your cPanel, click on ‘Remote MySQL’ and add the IP’s given to the database. Once this is done, click on Next Step
9. Whitelist all the IP’s provided by CodeGuard using the same process as above.
10. Next, add the credentials of the database. If you do not already have your credentials, follow these easy steps to get them. From your cPanel, click on ‘File Manager’ under the ‘Files’ section. Open the ‘public_html’ directory. Find the ‘wp_config.php’ file, right-click on it and view the file. Here, you will get your ‘DB_NAME’ and ‘DB_PASSWORD’ Use these credentials and click on ‘Next Step’
11. Select the database you added and click on Add Database
And with this, you have successfully added your website to CodeGuard
At Bluehost, we offer a wide range of CodeGuard plans to help back up your sites and give you a one-click restoration option.
If you still need more help, then please chat with us.
I have learn some just right stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.
I wonder how so much effort you set to make any such magnificent informative website.
Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this article and also the rest of the site is very good.
I’m amazed, I must say. Rarely do I come across
a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you’ve
hit the nail on the head. The problem is an issue that too few folks are speaking intelligently about.
I am very happy I found this in my search for something concerning