Bluehost India Web Hosting Help
How to manually upload a website created with MS Publisher
Note: If you haven't already tried the intended publishing method built into MS Publisher, Please Click Here and try that method first.
Here is alternative method to prepare and publish a website built in Microsoft Publisher:
- Create an empty folder on your desktop as a clean location for the files you are about to upload.
- Open the website you created in Microsoft Publisher.
- Open the homepage from the pages you created if you have created more than one page.
- Go to the file menu and select "Save as".
- Browse to the folder you created on your desktop.
- Set the "save as" type to "webpage" (make sure you do not select "single file web page" as that will not work.
- Set the file name to be "index.htm"
- Click Save.
- Check the new folder you had created to see if there is a file named index.htm and a folder named index_files. If you do not see these two files or they are named differently you will need to delete the folder and start over at step one.
Once you have reached this step and have the correct files you are ready to upload them. Please refer to the FTP Tutorials for more information regarding the uploading of your files to your account. Please note that you need to upload the index.htm and index_files folder to your public_html folder for your website to be visible from the Internet.
If you have any problems, publish to your desktop using the publish to the web option and then save it locally on your desktop. Then use a client such as Filezilla to upload the entire web site.
Recommended Help Content
Publisher 2007 Upload Instructions
How do I publish my website using Microsoft Publisher 2007
Publish Using MS Publisher
How do I publish my Web site using Publisher?
Website Pre-Publish Checklist
You have invested a significant amount of time creating and perfecting your website, and you're ready to publish it for the world to see! Are you really though? Use this checklist to ensure your site is ready for publication.
Related Help Content
FTP - Uploading the website
How do I upload my web site?
Moving website contents to Bluehost India
I need to transfer my website from my old host to Bluehost India, but I do not know how to do it without losing files or mail.
Microsoft 365 - How to Access Microsoft Outlook Email
This article will explain how to access Microsoft Outlook online or directly from your Desktop.
This Article discusses alternative options to Microsoft Front Page.
How to publish your site using FTP in FrontPage
These steps will help you setup FrontPage® to be compatible with different web browsers and to be able to publish using FTP, so that you don't have to rely on the FrontPage® extensions. Select Tool
How to Share your Backup with Professional Services
When you purchase a website transfer, you may need to upload and share a backup of their website with professional services. This article will explain how to share a backup using DropBox or Google Drive.
FTP Setup and Publish with Web Easy Pro
What are the publish settings for Web Easy Professional ?
How To Create and Edit An FTP Account
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password.