Bluehost India Web Hosting Help
How to Configure CuteFTP
There are many different ways you can establish a connection using CuteFTP. This article will focus on the steps to connect the quickest method, the connection bar. If you are looking for different instructions regarding CuteFTP, please refer to the following articles:
- Obtaining and Installing CuteFTP
- How to Configure CuteFTP
- How to Manage Files with CuteFTP
- How to Transfer Files with CuteFTP
Configuring a Connection
The quickest and easiest way to establish a connection between a local machine (the computer you are connecting from) and a remote server (the computer/server you are connecting to) using CuteFTP is by using the connect bar at the top of the screen below the toolbar (If you would like to save a connection for later, use the Site Manager tab).
- Enter the correct Host/Domain/IP address into the 'Host:' field. This could be the server name, the server IP, domain name, and in some cases ftp.domain.com. For a Bluehost India account, your domain will be fine so long as it is properly pointed towards the server.
- Enter the correct FTP username into the 'Username:' field. This can be the cPanel username which is also an FTP account or an FTP account which you have setup.
- If connecting via an additional FTP account, make sure to use the full FTP username (ex: [email protected]).
- For an SFTP connection, click the second icon to the right of the port field, the settings icon. Under the 'Type' tab, change the protocol to 'SFTP ussing SSH2 (Secure Shell)'. Then click OK on the settings window and finalize the connection using the same connection icon as with FTP
You should now be successfully connecting to your remote server using CuteFTP. You will now want to learn how manage your files using CuteFTP.
Recommended Help Content
How to Transfer Files with CuteFTP
This article will instruct you on transferring files to your account through the FTP client, CuteFTP.
Obtaining and Installing CuteFTP
This article will instruct you on obtaining and installing the FTP client, CuteFTP.
How to manage files with CuteFTP
This article will instruct you on managing files within the FTP client, CuteFTP.
Related Help Content
How do I use a secure FTP connection?
How To Setup FTP Using Filezilla
I would like to use FileZilla how do I go about the setting it up and connecting to my site?
How To Setup Remote Database Connection - Configure MySQL client Access
How do I remotely connect using a database management software?
FTP Client Recommendations
I want to be able to provide an FTP link to my site that does not use Unlimited FTP or Anonymous FTP.
Why does my FTP connection slow down?
Managing Backups with SFTP
How to Download or Delete Server Backups with SFTP
FTP Setup Using Dreamweaver 8
How do I setup Dreamweaver 8 for FTP?
How To Create and Edit An FTP Account
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password.