Bluehost India Web Hosting Help
VPS Dedicated Installing SSL
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Installing an SSL Certificate for a Website
This article will explain how to install an SSL certificate on a Dedicated or VPS server.
The General Steps Involved in installing an SSL
Click on any of the steps to jump to that point in the walkthrough and see more details.
Logging Into The WHM
To setup an SSL certificate you will need to be able to login to WHM on your server. This requires knowing the root password for your server. If you don't know the root password or haven't set one up please see https://my.Bluehost.in/hosting/help/whm-login#root-password.
- Login to the WHM by going to yourdomain.com/whm in a browser. Replace yourdomain.com with your domain.
- Once you get to the login page enter your username and password.
- Username will be root.
- Password will be the root password for your server. If you don't know the root password or haven't set one up please see https://my.Bluehost.in/hosting/help/whm-login#root-password.
- If this is your first time logging into the WHM you may see a page titled "Feature Showcase". Click on Exit to WHM at the bottom of the page.
Access The Install SSL Tool
Once you are logged into the WHM you need to use the SSL installer to upload and activate a certificate on the domain. The easiest way to find it is through the WHM search tool.
- In the WHM Search box on the left side enter "Install an SSL Certificate"
- Click on the "Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain" link that appears.
You should now be at the Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain page in the WHM.
Install The SSL
When you purchased the SSL certificate you should have received a files for your certificate, key and Certificate Authority bundle. If you do not have these files you will need to get them from company you purchased the certificate from.
- On the "Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain" page enter your domain your certificate was issued for into the "Domain:" box.
- Paste the Certificate, Key and Certifcate Authority Bundle into their respective boxes.
- Click the Install button at the bottom.
The SSL certificate should be installed and you can begin using it.
Recommended Help Content
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Manage Login SSL Certificates
How to manage the SSL used for cPanel login through the WHM
How To Activate Free SSL Certificate - Free Wordpress SSL Setup
How do I use the free shared SSL Certificate?
SSL Installation of 3rd Party Certificate
I need to have an SSL 3rd Party Certificate installed for my domain.
Related Help Content
How to Download your SSL Certificate
This article explains how to download a copy of your SSL certificate.
Purchasing or Renewing SSL certificates
How to renew an existing SSL certificate--or purchase a new one, within your cPanel
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Assigning Dedicated IPs
How to assign a dedicated IP to a domain on a dedicated server.
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Installing Java
How to install Java in a dedicated server.
VPS and Dedicated Hosting: Restore or Transfer cPanel
If you need to transfer or restore a cPanel account for your VPS or Dedicated server, there is a tool within the WHM panel to perform these tasks. This article is about transferring or restoring from another server or restoring after a re-image.
How to Upload an SSL Certificate to SiteLock
This article will explain the process for uploading an SSL Certificate to SiteLock's dasboard. The steps for accessing the SSL Manager may vary depending on which user interface your account uses.
Disable SSLv3 on a VPS or Dedicated Server
This article will explain how to disable SSLv3 on a VPS or Dedicated server. This can help you avoid issues with vulnerabilities in SSLv3.
VPS and Dedicated Hosting: Third Party Applications
VPS and Dedicated servers come with all applications necessary to run a standard web and email server. The applications that come with the VPS and Dedicated servers are generally supported as-is by our support technicians.