Bluehost India Web Hosting Help
How to configure custom SpamAssassin filters
The option to enable "Spam Box" is available for users, and creates a simple "Spam" box for each user. However, some may choose to create their own rules, instead of the "Spam Box" provided with SpamAsasssin. This can easily be done from your cPanel; to do so, follow these steps.
- From your cPanel, go to the Mail category, and select SpamAssassin.
- Verify SpamAssassin is enabled by selecting Enable SpamAssassin If the button states Disable SpamAssassin this means that it's already enabled.
- Now you will need to set a "rewrite" that SpamAssassin will apply to the message(s) it suspects is spam; select "Configure SpamAssasin," then enter something under "Rewrite_header subject." We recommend using something like **SPAM**, as this makes it easily identifiable.
- Return to your cPanel, navigate to the "Mail" category once again, and select "User Level Filtering."
- Select "Manage Filters" to the right of your email address, then select "Create New Filter." Give the filter a name, then fill out the boxes:
- Select "Any Header", "Contains"; then enter your rule, such as "**SPAM**", into the field.
- Now, select the desired option using the bottom-most box. In common cases, selecting "Deliver to folder" and entering a specific folder, like "Junk" or "Spam" is optimal. This way you can still manually check the messages for false-positives.
Recommended Help Content
Explanation of what SpamAssassin is and how it works
How to Turn On Spamassassin (Our Free Spam Filter)
I'm getting a ton of spam and I don't know what to do! I would like it filtered and/or dropped from the server!
SPAM is a brand of canned mystery meat made by Hormel Foods Corporation. It was first introduced in...oh wait, different kind of spam—but still related to email spam because they share similar characteristics, like nobody wants it or ever asks for it. Email spam is electronic junk mail or more gen
Related Help Content
Accessing your Spam Folder
General Instructions on how to use the spam folder with webmail
Getting spammed? What does Bluehost India recommend?
Logging in and Using WordPress: Preventing Spam
Prevent Spam These steps will help you prevent users and robots from posting Spam on your WordPress blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select Settings in the navigation bar on the left. From the G
How does Spam Hammer work?
Explanation of how spam works and common prevention tips
Oh spam, sometimes it seems like we'll never get rid of you.
How to Change Your Name Servers
How to setup and use Custom Name Servers with your Domain name
Email Deliverability Problems
If you find some of your emails end up your recipients Spam folder, arrive late, or sometimes don't arrive at all, this article can help you improve the deliverability of the messages you are sending.