Bluehost India Web Hosting Help
How To Setup Dreamweaver CS5
Connecting and uploading via FTP with Dreamweaver CS5
Configuring FTP for Dreamweaver (Version CS5)
The message Dreamweaver connected to your Web server successfully indicates that you successfully connected to the FTP server.
- Open Dreamweaver CS5. Click on Site and choose New Site.
- For site name, enter a phrase that describes your site.
- Click Servers from the left hand side.
- Click the + button to add a server.
- Enter a server name.
- Connect using FTP Then enter your FTP Host which is your domain name (example: mysite.com) or the IP address of your server.
- Host or Root Directory should be public_html if this is your main site with us.
- Enter your login name and password. The login name will be the character username you received in your sign up confirmation email, if you do not know it please log into the cPanel from www.Bluehost.in and go into FTP accounts, it is the 8 character one, the password is the same password you set up when you created your account.
- Click more options.
- Click use passive FTP.
- Save this information and try to connect.
To continue troubleshooting, proceed to the section, Verify login credentials. If you were unable to log in to your FTP server please check your firewall and make the needed changes in order to allow ftp traffic. (Port 20 and 21)
To check your ports Bluehost India has provided this tool at this Link.
Note: Bluehost India does support SFTP.
Recommended Help Content
FTP Setup using Dreamweaver MX 2004
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX 2004?
FTP Setup using Dreamweaver MX
How do I connect and upload via FTP with Dreamweaver MX?
FTP Setup on Dreamweaver CC 2014
This article explains how to publish your site through FTP on Dreamweaver 2014
Related Help Content
How To Setup FTP Using Filezilla
I would like to use FileZilla how do I go about the setting it up and connecting to my site?
FTP - Uploading the website
How do I upload my web site?
FTP Setup Using Dreamweaver 8
How do I setup Dreamweaver 8 for FTP?
Connecting to your MySQL DB from Dreamweaver
How can I connect to our MySQL database from Dreamweaver?
Publishing with DreamWeaver CS5
Learn how to publish the website you have created with Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
FTP Client Recommendations
I want to be able to provide an FTP link to my site that does not use Unlimited FTP or Anonymous FTP.
How To Create and Edit An FTP Account
How to use use the FTP Account tool to create additional FTP Accounts. This is useful for granting FTP access to your account without giving anyone your cPanel password.
Intro to FTP
There are many ways that you can transfer files and folder to and from your hosting account. We highly recommend using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program to quickly upload and download files. We