Ecommerce has taken over traditional ways to do business and WordPress has taken over other platforms to build, manage and scale your online business – together they’re an undeniably successful combination!
If you’re using a website builder to build your WordPress powered ecommerce store, you can easily add a wide range of customizations, features and functionalities. WordPress plugins are one of the key factors that make the platform so popular.
The all-new Ecommerce Website Builder by Bluehost is built to power your online store. It comes with quick-start smart AI themes, mobile-responsive themes, and a lot more to make it easy to build your ecommerce website with the drag-and-drop builder. You can easily sell unlimited products, accept online payments and offer your customers the best shopping experience. Get the plugins you want and add the features and functionalities that you need to wow your customers!
What are WordPress Plugins?
WordPress Plugins are apps that you can integrate into your WordPress website to add features and functionality. WordPress has over 40,000+ free plugins and thousands of premium plugins to choose from. From enhancing security and performance to boosting the shopping experience on an ecommerce store – plugins can bring in a lot for a website!
To get started, explore the range of plugins available on WordPress. Simply log in to your Dashboard, head to Plugins > Add New and start exploring!
Now, let’s move on to the essential plugins that every Ecommerce store needs. Once you have chosen a website builder and WordPress Hosting provider, to build and power your ecommerce store, it’s time to start adding features with plugins.
Top Website Builder WordPress Plugins for Ecommerce Stores
As mentioned above, plugins can add a vast variety of features and functionality for ecommerce stores. Some of the most common features that ecommerce store owners need include, but are not limited to:
- Payment and Checkout Functionality
- Increase Sales
- Boost Email Subscribers
- Enhance User Experience
- Test, Analyze and Monitor Performance
There are many different types of online stores you can build and based on that you can choose the right plugins to meet your goals. Let’s look at some essential ecommerce plugins.
WooCommerce is a Free WordPress ecommerce plugin that powers many online stores. It comes with many key features, like:
- Inventory management
- Discount and Promo Codes generation
- Abandoned carts
- Payment gateways integration and support
- Support for store owners
- Large repository of themes to create powerful storefronts
- Showcase and sell physical and digital products
- Configure shipping options
- Easy Social and marketing channels integration
All in One SEO
All in One SEO is a powerful plugin that enables you to optimize your website content for SEO (Search Engine Optimization), thus allowing you to boost traffic, visibility and conversions for your ecommerce store. The most notable features of All In One SEO, include:
- Content and On-Page SEO Optimization and Analysis
- Snippet preview to better display information on search engines
- Optimization recommendations and SEO scores
- Integration with Social media platforms
- Advanced SEO features like Sitemaps and SEO for e-commerce
Constant Contact is a powerful Email Marketing tool that helps you engage with your audience through targeted email marketing campaigns. Key features include:
- Easy to use email campaign builder
- Grow your email list
- Pre-designed professional email templates
- Customization options to create and send branded emails
- List segmentation and automation
- A/B Testing, Analytics and Detailed reports
One of the best ways to continue offering a better service for your customers is to get their feedback, insights, opinions and surveys. WPForms is a form builder WordPress plugin that allows you to build forms for feedback, reviews, surveys, etc. Features of WPForms include:
- Easy Drag-and-Drop Form builder, no coding skills required!
- Insightful survey fields like multiple choice, ratings etc.
- Create polls and share/analyze real-time results
- Generate visually appealing reports to analyze results and share
- Build multi-page forms
All in One WP Security and Firewall
Security must be a priority! The best security plugins allow you to not just keep your ecommerce website secure but also protect your customers and customer data. All in One Security and Firewall is a security plugin by WordPress that can easily be integrated via your website builder, the features include:
- Capable of Force Logout
- Ability to blacklist IPs and IP ranges
- Protection against brute force attacks with Login Lockdown
- A comprehensive security dashboard that shows account activity, failed login attempts and other important information to boost security
- Excellent support for ecommerce website owners
Get Started with a Website Builder & Get the Best Ecommerce Plugins
To start building your ecommerce store, start by defining your audience, setting goals, using a dynamic website builder and getting the right hosting plan. Having all this in place will then allow you to take the next step and get the right WordPress plugins for your ecommerce store.
As an ecommerce store owner, you need to focus on a secure and user-friendly shopping experience for your customers. You also need to make sure your target audience can find you, and easily do business with you. Thus, right from SEO to the best payment and shipping options – your ecommerce website must cater to your audience’s needs. The right ecommerce plugins allow you to do just that, and more!
As your ecommerce website grows, you can add more plugins depending on the additional features and functionalities you require. Always make sure you keep your plugins updated and use the latest versions to minimize risks and get bug fixes! The WordPress community is always evolving, and you can offer your customers the best shopping experience by running with the times and being agile.