Bluehost India Web Hosting Help
osCommerce Lost Password Fix
SummaryOSComerce does not have an easy to use Password Reset tool. Instead you will need to remove the existing administrator account and then create a new one.
How to Reset Your OSCommerce Administrator Account
- Login to your bluehost_in Control Panel
- Click the phpMyAdmin icon, located in the Databases section of the cPanel.
- From the left hand side of the page, choose your osCommerce database name (typically something like _osc1).
- Again, from the left hand side choose the table named administrators.
- Click the tab labeled Empty, located about the middle of the page.
- You will be prompted, "Do you really want to : TRUNCATE TABLE 'administrators' ?", Click the OK button.
- Now return to your osCommerce site and try to login to the admin area. The site will state that there is not currently a user, so you can be the first.
- Enter the desired admin name and password into the login area and click the Login button.
- Nothing will seem to happen, but your site just accepted your submission as the new administrator user.
- Again login with the newly created administrator username and password you just typed in the previous step.
Recommended Help Content
How To Reset MySQL Database User & Password
This article will explain how to change the password for a database in the event that the original password is lost.
Reset a WordPress Password with phpMyadmin
This article explains how to reset a lost WordPress password using phpMyAdmin.
OSCommerce will not keep my sessions between HTTP and HTTPS.
When I try to log into my OSCommerce shopping cart using https://secure.Bluehost.in/~username url, my shopping cart isn't the same. It is as though I have 2 carts, one for HTTP (unsecure) an
Related Help Content
MySQL Database Access Outside of cPanel
How do I grant permissions to cPanel for my MySQL database administrator without giving them the domain password?
How to reset various passwords associated with your account
How to Reset Your Login Password
How do I change my Control Panel password?
Password Protected Folder Gives Continual Prompts
What should I do if I am having problems with multiple password prompts on my password protected directory?
Setting a Password for the Main MySQL User
I am prompted to set a new MySQL password. What does this mean and how do I change it?
This article explains the different password types for your bluehost_in account.
Reset Joomla Password
How do I reset my Joomla password?
Resetting the Password for an Email Account
Instructions for restting your Email Account's Password through cPanel or Webmail