Bluehost India Web Hosting Help
Reset a WordPress Password with phpMyadmin
This article explains how to reset a lost WordPress password using phpMyAdmin.
It is highly recommended that you make a backup of your database before continuing. If you don't know how please read How to Backup a MySQL Database
What You Need
To perform this task you will need the following Items.
- The name of your WordPress database. If you aren't sure please see How to find your WordPress Database
- Your Bluehost India cpanel username and password
These steps explain how to access phpMyAdmin.
- From your account cpanel, go to the databases group of icons, and click on phpMyAdmin
- When prompted login with your cpanel username and password.
- From the list of databases, select the database for your WordPress site.
Enter a New Password
These steps explain how to change the password in the database.
In the table list, click on the users table
Note: In our example the table prefix is "wp_" the prefix varies from site to site so don't worry if yours is different.
- Click edit next to the user you want to set the password for.
- Enter the new password into the password box
- In the function box next to the password choose MD5
- Click Go
The password has been reset. You can now login to WordPress with your new password.
Recommended Help Content
How to reset various passwords associated with your account
Change a MySQL Users Password
This article will explain how to change or reset the password for a MySQL user.
How To Reset MySQL Database User & Password
This article will explain how to change the password for a database in the event that the original password is lost.
Related Help Content
How to Reset your FTP Password
How to reset the password for FTP users.
Setting a Password for the Main MySQL User
I am prompted to set a new MySQL password. What does this mean and how do I change it?
Reset Joomla Password
How do I reset my Joomla password?
How to Reset Your Login Password
How do I change my Control Panel password?
This article explains the different password types for your bluehost_in account.
Resetting the Password for an Email Account
Instructions for restting your Email Account's Password through cPanel or Webmail
How To Find Your WordPress Database
This article explains how to find the database in use by a WordPress site.
How To Disable Or Delete Plugins / Themes On A Disabled WordPress Site
This article explains how to deactivate, change or delete themes and plugins on a WordPress site without the dashboard.