Bluehost India Web Hosting Help
How To Find Your WordPress Database
This article explains how to find the database in use by a WordPress site. This information may be useful if you wish to access the database using a tool like phpMyAdmin.
Identifying the WordPress Database
To get the database information we need to access the files on the account and open the WordPress wp-config.php file which holds the database information.
Accessing the File Manager
- Log in to your Bluehost India cPanel account.
- Click on the Hosting on the top menu and then cPanel on the sub menu.
- Find the Files section and click on File Manager.
- You may get a popup asking you to select the directory you want to start in. Choose the Document Root for: option and select the website you want to get the database information for. Finally click go.
Opening the wp-config.php File.
- Once in the file manager, make sure you are in the folder for your WordPress site.
- In the list of files find the wp-config.php file.
- Right click on the file and select Code Edit.
- If you get a popup asking about the encoding of the file click the Edit button to continue.
- In the file editor find the line that says "define('DB_NAME', 'example_database');" This is usually around line 19. The database is the second term that is in single quotes. In the case of this example it is examplec_wo5647.
You can access the database using the database tools on the cPanel such as phpMyAdmin
Recommended Help Content
WordPress Install Without Automatic Database Creation
This article explains how to install WordPress when Mojo is unable to create the database automatically.
Change WordPress URL's With WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to change the Site URL or Home URL setting in WordPress. This may be useful if you have moved your WordPress site or are planning to move your WordPress site.
How To Login To WordPress Site - WP Admin Access
This article will explain how to login to a website created with WordPress.
Related Help Content
How To Disable Or Delete Plugins / Themes On A Disabled WordPress Site
This article explains how to deactivate, change or delete themes and plugins on a WordPress site without the dashboard.
How To Migrate a WordPress Site - Import / Export WordPress Database
How to manually migrate a WordPress site, not using ManageWP.
Reset a WordPress Password with phpMyadmin
This article explains how to reset a lost WordPress password using phpMyAdmin.
Login to WordPress with WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to login to a WordPress site using WordPress tools.
Core Files Warning In WordPress Tools
This article will explain why you see "Your WordPress site appears to be infected with malware. Please update to remedy this problem."
Manually Changing the Domain of Your WordPress Site
How to change the name of your WordPress site without WP Tools
Clean up WordPress Meta Data
This article will explain how to clean up meta data in a WordPress database.
How To Migrate An Existing Wordpress.com Site
If you have a WordPress blog hosted on WordPress.com, you can easily export it and import it to WordPress that is installed on your hosting account with bluehost_in. Login to the WordPress Data